Monday, October 19, 2015

Rugger

I played the position of blindside, wing forward for the first XV. My job was to ensure that the fly half of the other team did not sneak past the scrum by going to the blindside. I was lucky that "Tank" Adams played on the second row of the scrum, also on the blindside. This meant that I was not expected to give much of a push during a scrum. I could break away quickly to ensure that the opposing fly half didn't get very far if he chose to run on my side of the scrum. I had one unusual skill. I was an effective dribbler when the ball came loose, usually able to advance it several yards toward the goal before an opposing player could fall on it. These talents enabled me to be awarded my colors relatively early in the season, in contrast to the rather pathetic performance I gave in soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment