Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pets

No one would ever accuse me of being a pet lover, although I have some happy memories to share of pets I have known and loved. In general, I prefer cats to dogs, because they do not usually inspire loyalty, and can fend for themselves during short absences of their owners. Also, I dislike yapping dogs, worry about being bitten, and deplore it when visitors to our home bring their dogs inside without asking permission first. Nevertheless, I have some happy memories of certain pets, and I am planning to write several blogs about them. Barbara and I have not had a pet for some thirty years. Originally, this was because we were frequent world travelers, and the obvious choices between putting a dog in kennels, or twisting a family member's arm to look after our pet in our absence did not appeal to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment